Top Benefits of Trampolines For You And Your Kids - Are you looking for a fun and effective way to improve your health and fitness? Look no further than the trampoline! Trampolines offer a variety of benefits that can improve your cardiovascular health, boost your lymphatic system, and enhance your overall well-being. Plus, they're a great way to get your kids off the couch and move outdoors. So if you're ready to jump into a healthier and happier lifestyle, read on to learn more about the top benefits of trampolines for you and your kids.
Trampolines have become increasingly popular in recent years, and for good reason. As people become more health-conscious and seek out ways to stay active, trampolines have emerged as a popular option for families across the UK. The trampoline industry has seen significant growth in the UK, with sales increasing by over 40% in the last year alone. As the demand for trampolines continues to rise, so too does the awareness of their numerous benefits for both physical and mental health.
Trampolines are not only a fun and entertaining activity for kids and adults alike, but they also offer a variety of health and fitness benefits. With the rise of holistic health practices and the increasing awareness of the mind-body connection, trampolines have become a sought-after option for those looking to improve their overall well-being. In this article, we'll explore the top benefits of trampolines for you and your kids, as well as the current demand and trends in the UK.
Trampoline Design And The Recent Shift Toward Safety
Garden trampolines have gone through some big changes to their design recently, for example, the safety net is now often on the inside of the springs, making sure kids do not get stuck in them while jumping. Keep on reading if you want to find out more about safety, fun, and the benefits that your family may experience if you want to buy a trampoline for your garden.
The first trampoline was designed and patented by George Nissen and Larry Griswold, both coming from a gymnast background. This was as early as 1934. The first trampolines were rectangular, similar to the ones used for trampolines in the Olympics.
Round trampolines are more common in the back gardens and they are built more for outdoor use to withstand the rain and sunshine. On competitive trampolines, the material is made woven from webbing, or more recently woven from individual thin strings. The round ones are generally using a waterproof canvas or woven polypropylene.
Safety nets on the round trampolines were not patented and sold until 1997, by Mark Publicoyer. Only 9 years later around 80% of all trampolines sold came with the safety net. When it comes to the position of the safety net, there are pros and cons to both options.
If you have an 8ft trampoline with the net on the outside of the springs, it will seem to have a bigger play area and the kids can use the spring pad as a rest area if there are multiple kids jumping. Arguably, however, as it is not recommended to be more than one jumper at a time, this benefit may be outweighed by not having kids injured from the springs where the safety net is attached on the inside.
Benefits To Your Physical And Mental Health
Of course, any physical activity is beneficial to us. Our bodies need to move to stay healthy and why not do something that most of us, children and adults included, love, doing? Both my kids have been going to gymnastics since they learned how to walk and every week all the kids in the group would gravitate towards the trampolines! At first, they would just stand on it and feel the light bounce but week after week they would get braver and move more to feel their feet lift and they all love it! Kids and adults feel joy when they jump!
They feel their tummies tickle when they lift! Maybe it is because it’s the closest we can get to fly that we all enjoy it so much. As you jump more you can challenge yourself more too. Learn new tricks and feel the adrenaline go through our bodies!
Your whole family’s mental health might benefit from a garden trampoline with happier kids and happier adults, even if you are not using the trampoline yourself you may enjoy watching your kids having hours of fun jumping! But also, as been talked about in another blog, we all feel so much better when we're spending more time outside and getting fresh air! (see blog here). If that is not enough, consider all the physical benefits all of you could experience from buying an 8, 10, or 12-ft trampoline. Here are some of the main benefits of trampoline jumping:
- Stronger muscles – more specifically your leg muscles will get stronger and more toned!
- Trampoline bouncing is not too stressful on your joints with the low impact it has compared to floor exercises, meaning it works well for older people too.
- Increased cardiovascular fitness levels. This means your heart and lungs are getting better at transporting oxygen through your body!
- Improved bone strength – As your bones get put under a small amount of stress each time you land, it helps increase the bone mineral content.
- Just like any other workout jumping on trampolines will increase your metabolism and help you lose or keep your weight stable.
- It is also very good for your coordination! You will be using your whole body where arms and legs have to work together in order to get some height, but you also simultaneously have to make sure you keep your core working to protect your lower back!
Safety Guidelines For Using A Trampoline
Now that we are aware of the benefits and fun facts of investing in trampolines, it's important to keep some safety guidelines in mind to avoid any danger:
- Always supervise children using a trampoline.
- Only 1 person at a time should jump on the trampoline.
- Place the trampoline on a level surface and away from obstacles.
- Use proper protective padding and safety netting.
- Do not perform flips and somersaults.
- Always use the ladder to climb down instead of jumping off the trampoline.
- Regularly inspect the trampoline for damage and replace any damaged parts immediately.
- Wear proper footwear to avoid slipping.
- Know your physical limitations and do not attempt moves beyond your ability level.
Important Considerations While Choosing A Trampoline
- Size: Consider the size of your garden and the number of people who will be using the trampoline.
- Shape: Trampolines come in different shapes, including round, rectangular, and square.
- Weight limit: Trampolines have weight limits that determine the maximum amount of weight they can support.
- Safety features: Look for trampolines with safety features such as safety netting, padded edges, and sturdy frames.
- Durability: Choose a trampoline made with high-quality materials that can withstand regular use and exposure to the elements.
- Assembly: Consider the assembly process of the trampoline and choose one that is easy to assemble and comes with clear instructions.
- Budget: Set a budget and choose a trampoline that fits within your price range. Keep in mind that cheaper trampolines may not be as durable or have as many safety features.
In conclusion, trampolines offer numerous benefits for both you and your kids. From improved physical health to increased social interaction and fun, trampolines are a great investment for any family. By following the safety guidelines and choosing the right trampoline, you can enjoy a safe and enjoyable jumping experience.
If you're looking for a high-quality trampoline for your family, consider Titan Toys. They offer a wide range of trampolines in different sizes and shapes, all of which come with safety features such as safety netting and padded edges. Titan Toys also offers excellent customer service and support to ensure that you have a positive experience with their products.
There are different weight capacities, different materials, different designs, and obviously – different sizes. But remember, the main points of having a trampoline are to follow the guidelines and to have fun! If you're interested in getting a trampoline with high weight capacity, smart all black design and strong and sturdy frame, check out Titan Toys new Trampoline range Airborne.